Laminate Flooring Warranty
This warranty will only apply to you if: 1) you are the original purchaser of the laminate floor; 2) you have paid in full for your laminate floor; and 3) you have purchased the laminate floor for your own personal residential use and not for resale. These warranties cannot be transferable or assignable and they do not apply to commercial installations. Under no circumstances will the manufacture be liable for any loss or damage arising from the purchase, use or inability to use this product. The manufacture covers no direct, indirect, incidental and or consequential damages under this warranty.
The limited warranties described in this guide are subject to the product applications, limitations, disclaimers and exclusions described below. To be covered under our warranties you need to retain your sales slip and make sure that the flooring is properly installed in accordance with our installation instructions provided with the flooring. You must also properly care for your new floor using our easy-to-follow maintenance instructions. We recommend that you use only our specially formulated floor care products to preserve your flooring. Use of floor care or sundry products (i.e. adhesives) other than those we have specially formulated and recommend for use with our flooring products may damage your floor and void this warranty.
|Collection||Residential Warranty||Commercial Warranty||Performance Level|
|Real Professional 12mm||30-Year||6-Year Light||Gold|
|Real Artistry 12mm||30-Year||n/a||Gold|
|Real Lifetime 12mm||30-Year||n/a||Gold|
|Real Impressions 8mm||20-Year||n/a||Silver|
|Real Performance 8mm||15-Year||n/a||Bronze|
SURFACE FINISH WARRANTY
iFLOOR hereby warrants to the original buyer the finish against wear through, separation or peeling for given years on the finished flooring under normal residential use. This warranty is conditioned upon Manufacturer's receipt of notice in writing from the Buyer of the alleged defect prior to expiration of the limited warranty period and evidence that the Products were properly installed and not subject to any of the conditions described below. This limited warranty does not apply to discontinued or close out items. Any such Product sold "as is, cabin grade or mill run”.
Flooring should be acclimated in opened cartons in the environment in which it will be installed to allow for proper installation and "marriage" with the sub-floor and home. Acclimate the flooring for at least 48 hours (preferably 3-4 days) prior to installation In addition, the heating or cooling system should be operating and controlled at for at least 48 hours before, during and maintained after installing.
Responsibility for final inspection and approval falls to the customer and installer prior to permanent installation. It is the installer’s responsibility to check color, finish and quality before installation. If your installer is not satisfied with our flooring prior to installation, then do not install the floor and contact the retailers were the floor was purchased. Manufacture is not responsible for any costs associated with repairing or replacing boards that were installed with evident defects.
All maintenance must be in accordance outlined in this guide. Damage to the flooring such as dents, scratches or dulling of the finish is not covered. Wet or damp-mopping your floor with water or other substances neglect or abuse of the hardwood floor, including but not limited to not taking proper precautions to protect furniture legs and feet with protective pads to reduce scratches and dents will also invalidate this warranty.
Any of the following shall void and invalidate our warranty
- Visible Defect- Visible defects are those defects that are apparent on the face of the flooring. They must be noted by the installer and reported before installation so that replacement flooring can be furnished before installation.
- Building Settling or Uneven Sub floor - These situations are considered to be part of the pre-installation inspection process. Do not install wood flooring if these situations exist. This warranty does not cover damage caused by settling or uneven sub floors.
- Improper Installation - Improper installations, done in a way that is contrary to the specifications, can cause problems with a iFLOOR floor. iFLOOR will not replace a floor with defects caused by improper installation.
- Improper Maintenance or Inadequate Care - Your Laminate Floor requires maintenance. Please follow the instructions that are recommended by iFLOOR. Seller will not replace a iFLOOR product damaged by improper maintenance or inadequate care.
- Accidents, Abuse or Abnormal Wear - This warranty does not cover damage resulting from accidents or abuses that stain or scratch the finish, diminish gloss, or indent the surface of the wood. It also does not cover damage caused by heavy or concentrated foot traffic and animals.
- Indentations from Stiletto Heels on Shoes - A stiletto heel can concentrate as much as 2,000 pounds per square inch on the floor. This type of heel has a diameter of approximately 3/8", and walking on any wood surface with stiletto heels is considered an abusive situation. Seller will not replace any iFLOOR laminate product damaged by stiletto heels on shoes.
- A problem with Moisture or Dryness - This warranty does not cover damage caused by wetting or the presence of excessive moisture, or by conditions that are too dry.
- Excessive Sunlight - this can cause discoloration. Draperies or shades will usually provide adequate protection. This warranty does not cover damages or discoloration caused by excessive sunlight or Ultra Violet rays.
- Difference from Samples - This warranty does not cover the differences that can be seen between color samples and color of installed floors. Please approve the color of actual product prior to installation.
- Consequential or Incidental Damages - iFLOOR expressly excludes and will not pay consequential or incidental damages under this warranty. By this, iFLOOR means any loss, expense, inconvenience or damage other than to the wood floor itself that may result from a defect in the iFLOOR laminate product.
This warranty gives you specific rights. You may have other rights under state law. Your rights and the limitations described above may vary from state to state. It is therefore important to retain this warranty information.