Cork Flooring Warranty
This warranty will only apply to you if: 1) you are the original purchaser of the cork floor; 2) you have paid in full for your cork floor. Under no circumstances will the manufacture be liable for any loss or damage arising from the purchase, use or inability to use this product. The manufacture covers no direct, indirect, incidental and or consequential damages under this warranty.
The limited warranties described in this guide are subject to the product applications, limitations, disclaimers and exclusions described below. To be covered under our warranties you need to retain your sales slip and make sure that the flooring is properly installed in accordance with our installation instructions provided with the flooring. You must also properly care for your new floor using our easy-to-follow maintenance instructions. We recommend that you use only our specially formulated floor care products to preserve your flooring. Use of floor care or sundry products (i.e. adhesives) other than those we have specially formulated and recommend for use with our flooring products may damage your floor and void this warranty.
|Collection||Finish Warranty||Performance Level|
|Warm Foundations Visions||10-Year||Gold|
|Warm Foundations Basics||5-Year||Bronze|
Flooring should be acclimated in opened cartons in the environment in which it will be installed to allow for proper installation and "marriage" with the sub-floor and home. Acclimate the flooring for at least 48 hours (preferably 3-4 days) prior to installation In addition, the heating or cooling system should be operating and controlled at for at least 48 hours before, during and maintained after installing.
Responsibility for final inspection and approval falls to the customer and installer prior to permanent installation. It is the installer’s responsibility to check color, finish and quality before installation. If your installer is not satisfied with our flooring prior to installation, then do not install the floor and contact the retailers were the floor was purchased. Manufacture is not responsible for any costs associated with repairing or replacing boards that were installed with evident defects.
All maintenance must be in accordance outlined in this guide. Damage to the flooring such as dents, scratches or dulling of the finish is not covered. Wet or damp-mopping your floor with water or other substances neglect or abuse of the hardwood floor, including but not limited to not taking proper precautions to protect furniture legs and feet with protective pads to reduce scratches and dents will also invalidate this warranty.
This warranty shall not apply to loss or damage arising from any of the following:
- Indentations, scratches or damage caused by negligence, water, sand, and abuse, including, but not limited to, leaking or broken plumbing, fire, floor, earthquake or standing water during or after construction.
- Surface checking resulting from high relative humidity.
- Mildew or discoloration resulting from extreme sub-floor moisture.
- Failure to follow manufacturer’s installation instructions.
- Poor installation workmanship.
- Improper care and maintenance.
- Improper storage, handling of the flooring.
- Man-made or natural disasters Improper preparation of, or deficiencies in, the sub floor/floor joist assembly including, but not limited to, excessive floor deflection, uneven or irregular sub floor surface (particularly at the joists) or voids in the sub floor.
- Defects or failures of other manufacturers' products at the sub floor assembly including, but not limited to, sub floor material, fasteners, patching or leveling compounds, adhesives, or other coverings.
- Insect infestation after shipment from the factory. Neglect or abuse including, but not limited to using protective plywood when moving heavy objects or appliances, and having dirty or improper casters. Spiked and/or damaged heels and pet claws. Dents or scratches in the flooring caused by furniture, appliances, casters or normal foot traffic. Falling or dropped object, this can dent or fracture the flooring or finish. Non-factory applied finishes (by the owner or installer) including, but not limited to, refinishing or recoating. The normal wearing of the finish in high traffic areas, pivot-points, and seating areas.
This warranty gives you specific rights. You may have other rights under state law. Your rights and the limitations described above may vary from state to state. It is therefore important to retain this warranty information.