Installation Instructions for Pre-finished Bamboo Flooring:
Installation on Wooden Sub Floor
- Our bamboo flooring products are installed much like typical hardwood flooring using nails, staples or adhesive.
- Choose a reputable, experienced and competent installer for the work.
- Installation of the bamboo flooring should be the final step in the decorating procedure.
- Carefully unpack the flooring 3-5 days before installation in the area where it is to be installed. Distribute the flooring in such a way that it is allowed to adjust to normal room humidity and temperature. Installation should not be made in damp or cold conditions.
- You may notice some color variations in each box of flooring, this is natural. Plan ahead and stagger the color variation throughout the installation just as you would with other natural flooring products. Do not install any piece of flooring with an obvious defect.
- Surfaces where the flooring is to be installed must be dry and clean. In the case where gluing is the attachment method, the floor must be free of contaminants which may interfere with the performance of the adhesive.
- Make every effort to avoid face nailing.
The following preparations or considerations must be made before installing bamboo flooring:
- Sub flooring must be smooth and level. If this is not the case, steps must be taken to remedy the situation.
- Surface where flooring is to be installed must be dry and clean. In the case of glue-down application there must not be any contaminants which will interfere with the performance of the adhesive.
- Sub flooring must be substantial enough so that installed flooring will not flex or move. Consider laying the floor 90