Home Maintenance and Improvement
The home is the center of one’s life and keeping it in the best possible condition requires time, effort and is usually an investment of a lifetime. How does one make sure that the home they buy or build will withstand the tests of time and wear and tear? Here is a look at the basics of home construction, maintenance, and improvement along with tips to make house hunting easy and hassle-free.
Keeping the home looking great and taking care of both minor and major repairs will prevent a house from falling to neglect and disrepair. Simple things like repairing cracks or keeping a lawn clean and tidy can go a long way in making the house look as good as new.
- Monthly Home Maintenance: A checklist of activities to keep the home in tip-top shape.
- Outdoor Home Maintenance: Ways to keep lawns and outdoors looking great.
- Simple Maintenance Tips: Describes how homeowners can protect their investments.
- Green Home Maintenance: Maintenance tips to protect the environment at home and outdoors.
- Guide to Home Maintenance: A comprehensive guide to understanding a home maintenance.
Having bought a home, homeowners may want to improve upon the basic structure and add to it to make it more personal. Home improvement also goes a long way in making the home livable and comfortable.
- Remodeling the Kitchen and Bath: Things to keep in mind when remodeling these two important rooms.
- Soundproofing: How to reduce ambient sound and noise pollution in the home.
- Bedroom Remodeling: How to give the bedroom a new look with some paint and molding.
- Choosing the Right Contractor: Comprehensive checklist for homeowners to use when deciding upon a contractor for a home improvement project.
- Registered Contractors: The Attorney General’s list of registered contractors to help decide on the right person for the home improvement project.
Building a home is an investment of a lifetime. Making sure that everything is right and according to plan is just a step in getting the home of one’s dreams. Home construction also involves deciding on a plan, architects, contractors and getting the money ready. Finally, the interiors and aesthetics will require attention so that the house that is finally built is more than just bricks and mortar and is really a home.
- Residential New Home Construction Checklist: Lists everything that needs to be taken care of when building a new house.
- Cost of Construction: Getting an idea of the money required for home construction.
- Green Home: Tips and ideas to construct an eco-friendly dwelling.
- Choosing the Right Flooring: Get help in deciding which flooring will best work for your home.
- Home Insulation: How to make the home more energy efficient and save on heating and cooling costs.
House Hunting Tips
House hunting can be tiring if one does not have the right guidance and know-how. The number of things that need to be taken care of before buying a home can often bewilder new and first-time homeowners. It will be easier if they keep a checklist of things to look out for when making that decision to buy a home.
- House Hunting Checklist: Complete list of things to remember when looking for a house.
- Buying a Home: Useful information on buying a home and home buying programs, loans and insurance.
- Financial Requirements: Things to keep in mind when considering the cost of a home.
- Getting the Best Mortgage: Provides information on how to shop for the best financing deal while house hunting.
- Loan Estimator: A calculator to estimate the home loan amount needed.